Engineers Week 2021
Engineers Week, with the theme “Imagining Tomorrow,” will take place February 21–27, and this year’s focus will be on virtual role models, distance learning, and diversity and belonging.
Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day, or “Girl Day,” will also carry this theme forward and will be held on February 25. The focus will also be on virtual role models and diversity and belonging, but it will also feature special editions of DiscoverE’s “Chats With Change Makers” series in which a high school student interviews engineers and technicians who are working hard to make the world a better place.
EWeek Event Dates
- Chats with Change Makers: new “season” began on September 25 and continues monthly.
- Future City Competition: September through April
- The Persist Series (formerly Global Marathon): begins January and continues monthly.
- Engineers Week: February 21–27, 2021
- Girl Day: February 25, 2021
- World Engineering Day: March 4, 2021
Chicago Chapter Engineers Week
Please Sign-up to be an E-Week Classroom Visit Volunteer!!
The Chicago Chapter and Chicago Public Schools partner to bring speakers to pre-engineering classrooms at CPS Pre-Engineering High Schools. Be a part of it! Inspire the next generation of engineers!
Now's your chance to visit a pre-engineering classroom during E-Week!
If you are interested in making a school visit, please fill out the Volunteer Sign-up form below or contact email@example.com
Reasons to participate:
- Promote Engineering in Chicago
- Promote Engineering to the next generation
- You get to talk about what you do
- Great opportunity for younger engineers to get valuable presentation experience
- Give back to the profession you love
Classroom Schedule to be posted here
How will you inspire wonder? Will you:
- Do hands-on engineering activities with students?
- Inspire a child to consider a career in engineering?
- Celebrate the engineering profession?
We can help
- Order your Engineers Week Volunteer Kit.
- Get tips and inspiration from the recorded Engineers Week site
- Browse the activity library.