Chicago Public Schools MOCK Interview Sessions
Post date: Dec 19, 2012 4:20:42 PM
CPS MOCK INTERVIEWS
We are still in need of at least 25 to 30 more volunteers for Saturday, January 12, 2013. When you register, there is a request for Friday, February 1st also.
Chicago Public Schools, Partnership Development team needs your help. On Saturday, January 12, 2013 and Friday, February 1, 2013 we will be conducting Qualifying “MOCK” Interview sessions for Career and Technical Education students for future Job Shadows and Internship opportunities. All participating students will have been selected by their teacher as being “work-ready” .
Approximately 300 students (juniors and seniors) will participate in the Qualifying Interview Sessions. We need your help in conducting these interviews. Each interviewer will be given a packet to follow for the day; no preparation is needed. We welcome you and any other candidates from your company that would like to participate.
Each interviewer can expect:
- Interview at least 3 students in the morning session and 3 during the afternoon session.
- Each interview will last approximately 10 minutes.
- A packet will be provided with sample questions and evaluation material.
- You will ask questions of the interviewee and evaluate them on a rubric that you are provided.
- You will not be required to tell the students about your company, but can if time allows.
- ·This is not an opportunity for you to recruit employees for your company. However, if you feel strongly about a candidate, you can consult with your Partnership Development Liaison after the sessions.
Please register below by clicking the link or scrolling down to the bottom of this page. We hope you consider staying the full day, although, any time that you offer will be greatly appreciated. The DEADLINE for registration is Friday, December 21, 2012. However, the sooner your register and allow your colleagues to register, the better.
The purpose of the Qualifying Interviews is to help CPS high school juniors and seniors prepare for interviews and will give them priority for Job Shadows and paid Internship opportunities. Students should feel practiced and prepared following this event.
Please follow the link below or contact Jacquelyn Dace at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation in your email and more details as we get closer to the date of the event. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Please fill out the volunteer form online at:
OR scroll down
CPS CTE Qualifying Interviews Volunteer Sign-Up
Thank you for volunteering with the 2013 Chicago Public School Career and Technical Education Qualifying Interview and Workshop Day. We are excited you have agreed to participate and help us provide juniors & seniors gain valuable skills and advice. Please take a few minutes to fill out this registration form.
First Name *
Last Name *
Email Address *
Organization Affiliation * Please include an organization if it is not the above employer.
How (or from whom) did you hear about this event? *
- [ ] CPS Partnership Development Liasion
- [ ] Co-Worker
- [ ] Fraternity
- [ ] Sorority
- [ ] Professional Organization
- [ ] Other:
Please select the day(s) and time(s) that you would be available to volunteer.
Saturday, January 12, 2013 Lunch will be provided for full-day volunteers.
- ( ) Full-Day - 8:30AM to 4:00PM
- ( ) Half-Day Morning - 8:30AM to 1:00PM
- ( ) Half-Day Afternoon - 12:30PM to 4:00PM
Friday, February 1, 2013 Lunch will be provided for full-day volunteers.
- ( ) Full-Day - 9:30AM to 5:00PM
- ( ) Half-Day Morning - 9:30AM to 1:00PM
- ( ) Half-Day Afternoon - 12:30PM to 5:00PM